Saturday, January 5, 2013

Peacock is NOT for Sale - Time magz cover

Today i want to share about my Drawing Technique second project, make TIME Magazine cover. I made a moodboard so easier to me for choose the concept.


I have some concepts, first, about a lady that use everything from peacock feather from hat, coat, mask, shoes, dress, bag, etc. Second one is a lady that really love peacock but in 'right' way, and she became the first person who preserve peacock, etc.






I chose to make the second one because peacock is in dangerous now days. i use watercolor to make it. i started to sketch with pencil and color it, these are my step to make it :




After i colored, i have to put "TIME" as a title of the magazine. i have 3 options, gray, black, and white. But the best color is black, so i put TIME with black color and put the news.

Overall i like the eye and lips the most!


i don't really satisfied with this result, maybe i should do more practice in coloring and media :(
happy holiday
- JAJ -

No comments:

Post a Comment