Saturday, December 22, 2012

Merchandise - Alphabet

Second Project of Typography class is make merchandise. First Ms. Uma tell us to hunt object around us that have shape like alphabet from A - Z. I made it all on A3 paper.

Then we start to trace them all and draw again.

Now we have A - Z shape, we must design it that we will use the picture in our merchandise product. If you notice, i made 'my alphabet' on 'J' shape that glowing in yellow. J is for my name, yeah Jesslyn :D so i can use it all :B i made J by pencil color, and i chose yellow that describe J is glowing between 'black and white' ;}

I want to make so many merchandise product, but i have no time to go around searching the printing. i want to print my design on T-shirt, Glass, Keychains, passport pocket, Bagage Tag, Hat, canvas bag, etc. Ms. Uma told us about the minimum merchandise is 1 product, but more than 1 will be better. I decided to focus on 3 products, those are T-shirt, Glass, and Keychains. I chose these 3 products because i can use it, so what i made is not useless.

I started to search where is the place that i can print it down all, but every place has their speciality, so i print them all in different place. Keychain and glass are at Surya Photo, near my house. The glass is @IDR 25.000 and keychain is @IDR 8.500.



About the T-shirt, i print at Eska. First i think the place is not too far from my house, i have appointment to go to Eska. 2 weeks ago on Friday i went to Eska and the place so farrrrrrr from my house, 2 hours 30 minutes. The T-shirt price is @IDR 50.000. I chose to print it down in digital (not manual) because digital is faster and the result is much better than 'salon manual'.


i was surprised when i heard my friend print it all more expensive than mine. And this is my merchandise product! :D

Happy Saturday!
- JAJ -

No comments:

Post a Comment