Monday, September 16, 2013

Surrealism Dream (Final Project)

Final Project of digital design is make an image manipulation in surrealism style, either about my dreams or advertising. I tried to remember my dream, in my mind all are random but they can not drawn like my imagination :/  I made some sketches. (Mr. Em chose some of them -- remarked with red dot).







i made a moodboard to help me finish this project easier. looks like children colour, playful, and cheerful.


i was inspired by these cool movies! alice and the wonderland, avatar, jumanji, Oz the great and powerful
I used there cool images in my artwork.

looks simple. but they are all in a group. 

if i open the group. masking masking masking

some layers open from the group

a group of baboons


SOME RANDOM TRIALS -_-






I have feedback to make the girl and her pet looks real by add the tone on their layers. The baboons too much, some people look this like welcoming ceremony. the girl and her pet does not have to big and centre.

At first i have two options, advertising and dream. i do not really understand about advertising and i need a project without 'branding' in that time. i want to combined between my dream and advertising (children madecine - the children face i flower pattern that see everything beautiful, but the environment is not as good as she thought, and the her pet is not that cute, although the body is cat, but the head is lion). My dream is preety simple, about a girl run away from her big beautiful castle (stupid) with her pet (LIOT = Lion + Cat) this girl really innocent and see the pet is cut, in fact the pat is wild. She and her pet are lost in the creepy forest. I added some image to support my story, i added some wild baboons, some weird creatures, and creepy trees. I also added some tone layer and light effects.

They i tried tried tried, and this is the result. i made the artwork in A3 size. 

A3 size

1024 px X 768 px

1440 px X 900 px

After finished my work, i realised other things beyond my dream, which is related to social life. I want to be that little girl, she see everything in apositive way (flower pattern in her face) - not negative thinking. The other one is whatever things happen in front of her, she will face it bravely - just with her poker face strategy HA.

Honestly, i like surrealism image, its unique, but i dont like to think about the meaning about the image or make it. From this project i accustomed to naming each layer, make a group of some related images.

*PS : the model (girl) is my cousin in Banjarmasin. I asked her mom to take a picture of her with the pose i need. and the result she looks surrealism because her mom called her to take a picture when she is watching her favourite movie :B


1440 x 900 px

1024 x 768 px


HAPPY HOLIDAY!!!
 J A J 

No comments:

Post a Comment