Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Re-Branding City 5th - LOMBOK (city signage, animated logo, merchandise, presentation)

City signage is one of the most useful thing of new campaign. Assignment brief asked us to sketch some ideas for city signage and at the end, i will choose the best 3 and apply it on the real photograph.

first sketch - just ignore some of them because they are what in my brain

Because i have to make 3, i decided to make 3 signage in different place. First is the toilet signage, second is for in the city, and the third is for in the park.

These are some design for city (on the street) :


 


After QC, Mr. Angga chose the last one, then i applied it on the street.



The second one is in the park, these are some designs of it :

 
 
this is the chosen one. little bit modern and Mr. Angga gave feedback to make it transparent, and i applied it on the park street, it may be made by glass or acrylic.

The third is toilet signage, the most useful signage, hahah :

i was inspired by this picture.

at first i made this, the pattern is for her slayer, but my friends said that looks like 'kerudung', and i  added a crown to make it better but still looks like kerudung.
as the concept : romantic, so for the men,
he is using the vest, like a man on wedding
then i tried to make the women toilet by using
the pattern as the background,  and the slayer
 is broken white, looks better


Toilet signage


the simple signage on the street, the modern signage on the park, and the traditional signage on the toilet, they are all still using the first element, the pattern. 

Actually, city signage is the last task on assignment brief, but after Mr. Angga approve all of my works, Mr. Angga asked me to make a animated logo or welcome video to get better grade ;} I want to get better grade of course! then i sketched the idea of animated logo. I chose animated logo than welcome video because of deadline.

2 options of animated logo : the first one is one by one letter of LOMBOK come from the middle , small and getting bigger and bigger. The second one is every letter come from different way until the make LOMBOK logo.
the process
behind the sense

I also print some merchandise because i feel like I really in LOMBOK company which wants to promote LOMBOK. I printed them all online on different printings, lucky me all of the online printing is not cheater.

pen

pin with dove lamination

sticker

glass

t-shirt
THE BIG DAY is coming, presentation day. I have made some notes as my guide for presentation. I presented my work step by step like the list of the task.

me on the presentation day - i am using my LOMBOK pin :D
my presentation  zone :)
On presentation day, my friends asked me :


1. What thing that make you sure Lombok is unforgettable island?
*** my answer : I am sure because Lombok is traditional, and everyday we surrounded by digital things (modern way) and i thought we need something different on our break to refresh our mind, i meant we need something traditional, to referesh our mind, to get more idea, and that is UNFORGETTABLE LOMBOK.

2. What thing that make you sure Visit Indonesia will accept your campaign? 
*** my answer : i am sure because i thought Lombok is like an uncut diamond, it will sparkling when it polished. Just a little traditional touch in modern and useful way (such as : signage, website), it will make Lombok Sparkling and Unforgettable.

Mr. Angga, Yasmin, and Me on the presentation day
I learned so much things from this project, i learned that research is really important when i want to make a logo about something. i learned to explore in medias (paper). i learned where is the cheap and fast printing. I learned about flash the most. And i love this project because i know what i have to do (assignment brief lists), and i can start from everywhere i want. But i struggle on some of them like postcard and brochure because layout and mixed media. I know that even i chose Jakarta or Bali or something else, i will struggle on one or more of them, but i am trying to do my best. 


Have an unforgettable day,

 JAJ 

No comments:

Post a Comment